The wave of arrests continues in the protests that started after the death of Mahsa Amini in Iran

The wave of arrests continues in Iran!

The demonstrations that started after the death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini in Iran after she was detained on the grounds that she “did not comply with the headscarf rules” entered its 14th day, and protests in many cities continued until the morning.

Shows in the country usually start in the evening.

While the street demonstrations in the capital Tehran decreased, the protests continued by shouting anti-government slogans from the windows.

The short march of a group that opened a banner chanting slogans on Velisar Street in the capital ended with the intervention of the security forces.

Police intervened against the demonstrators who were shouting slogans and trying to block the road in Tehran Pars region. There was a brief scuffle between the police and the demonstrators.

Protests continued in Tehran as well as in cities such as Rasht, Mashhad, Qom and Senendaj.

In the images published on social media, it was seen that there was tension between the protesters and the special forces in Mashhad, gunshots were heard during the demonstrations in Senendec, and the demonstrators marched in Rasht shouting slogans.


While the wave of arrests related to the protests continued, former national football player Hüseyin Mahini and journalist Elahe Muhammedi were arrested for “inciting demonstrations”.

According to the news of Iran’s semi-official agency Tesnim, Mahini, the former player of the Persepolis team and the national football team, who made posts encouraging demonstrations on social media accounts in the previous days, was arrested by the decision of the judicial authorities.

Iranian officials allege that Mahini shared unfounded rumors on his social media accounts and encouraged people to join protests against the country’s government.

On the other hand, journalist Elahe Muhammedi, who published the news about Mahsa Amini’s funeral, was also arrested.

Muhammed Ali Kamfiruzi, the lawyer of Muhammedi, announced that Hem Mihen newspaper reporter Elahe Muhammedi was arrested in a message he shared on his Twitter account.

Kamfiruzi stated that Muhammedi was the journalist who went to the city of Sakkız and prepared the news about Mahsa Amini’s funeral.

Faize Hashemi, daughter of Iran’s late President Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, was also detained on September 27 for “inciting demonstrators”.

According to the New York-based Committee to Protect Journalists, 20 journalists have been detained since the protests began. An employee of the Şark newspaper, Nilüfer Hamidi, who went to the hospital and announced her condition to the public while Amini was in a coma, was also arrested.


The death of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini on September 16, who fell ill and was taken to hospital after being detained by the Irshad patrols known as the “morality police” in Tehran on September 13, caused outrage in the country.

The demonstrations, which started after Amini’s funeral in her hometown of Sakkız on September 17, spread to many cities of the country.

Iranian state television announced that 41 people, including security forces, lost their lives during the demonstrations. Authorities have not yet shared precise information about the loss of life in the demonstrations.

*The visuals of the news were served by the Associated Press.