The dangerous ‘fainting’ challenge, about which TikTok was sued for causing the death of children, this time took the life of a child in Scotland. The grieving mother who lost her 14-year-old son warned families to be careful.
Despite all her struggle, the mother, who begged to continue the treatment of her deathbed child, and whose call resonated not only in England but all over the world, lost her 12-year-old son Archie.
IT HAS COST ANOTHER CHILD’S LIVES
Few days after Archie Battersbee’s death, the alleged danger of causing the boy’s death TikTok The trend cost the life of another child.
The ‘fainting’ challenge, which spread rapidly on the video sharing platform TikTok and could not be avoided despite the lawsuit filed by the families, this time burned the heart of a family in Scotland.
Archie Battersbee, who passed awayclass=”medianet-inline-adv”>
Lauryn Keatin, from Cumbernauld, Scotland, found her 14-year-old son, Leon Brown, lying unresponsive in his room on August 25. The mother, who was shocked after the death of her child, confronted the terrible truth when she talked to her son’s friends.
“PLEASE WARN YOUR CHILDREN”
Mother, who stated that she had heard the fainting challenge before because of Archie’s death, “I’ve heard of this challenge because of what happened to Archie Battersbee. But you don’t expect your own child to do something like this. Please warn your children, these challenges are not more important than our children’s lives, whatever they are for.” said.
14-year-old Leon Brown
“WE WAITED FOR IT TO WAKE BUT HE WAS NOT AWAKENED”
The grieving mother described the process she went through with these words;
“One of Leon’s friends told me that Leon challenged his friends on Facetime after seeing the challenge on TikTok. Leon thought he’d probably be the first to try it and have fun with his friends, but the situation got out of control. One of the guys in the Facetime conversation is Leon He said that they expected him to wake up after a while, but he didn’t wake up.”
12-year-old Joshua Haileyesus was the same as last year. challenge He died 19 days after brain death due to his death by losing his struggle for life.class=”medianet-inline-adv”>
families, platform ‘dangerous’ claims that his algorithm is deliberately and repeatedly pushing videos of challenges onto children’s screens, encouraging them to participate in the race that ultimately cost them their lives.
Matthew P Bergman, founding attorney of the Social Media Victims Legal Center (SMVLC), a legal organization for parents of children who have suffered from social media addiction and abuse. “TikTok needs to be held accountable for sending deadly content to children” said.
WHAT IS A ‘FAINISH CHALLENGE’?
‘Blackout Challenge’ well ‘Fainting challenge’ encourages children to hold their breath until they become unconscious. This causes a lack of oxygen in the brain, which can lead to serious injuries such as death in the lower back.
STATEMENT FROM TIKTOK DIDN’T ASSESS FAMILIES’ ANGRYclass=”medianet-inline-adv”>
In the statement made by TikTok, it was stated that a number of measures were taken to prevent the search for the term ‘Blackout Challenge’.
Although the company states that graphics and videos containing the challenge will be deleted from the platform immediately if reported, the anger of the families is increasing.
THIS IS THE MATCH DEATH!
Two girls, 8 and 9 years old, Archie Battersbee, 12, and Joshua Haileyesus, 12, died most recently due to the deadly trend. While the latest death news caused wide repercussions on social media, families ‘this is the first death’ he rebelled against the situation.
A TikTok spokesperson sent his condolences to Leon Brown’s family, “The safety of our community is our priority and we take any allegations of dangerous challenge very seriously. Such content is prohibited on our platform” used the phrases.