National Security Council (MGK), President of AKP Recep Tayyip Erdogan met under the chairmanship of The meeting, which started at 16.45 in Beştepe, lasted for 4 hours.
Air Forces Commander General Atilla Gülan and Naval Forces Commander Admiral Ercüment Tatlıoğlu took part in the meeting for the first time with the decisions of the Supreme Military Council (YAŞ) meeting in August.
In the MGK statement, “The circles that encouraged Greece to arm the islands with non-military status were invited to common sense.‘ it was said.
The statement also states, “(The decision of the USA to lift the arms embargo against the Greek Cypriot Administration of the Republic of Turkey) Called for the reversal of this decision, which is against the spirit of the alliance.‘ it was said.
RESPONSE TO GREECE AND USA
- The circles that encouraged Greece to arm the islands with non-military status were invited to common sense.
- The decision of the USA to lift the arms embargo against the Greek Cypriot Administration is against the spirit of alliance. A call was made to reverse this decision.
- It was emphasized that we will not refrain from using all kinds of legitimate methods and means for the protection of our nation’s interests against Greece’s futile efforts.
- All countries were invited to recognize the independence of the TRNC, emphasizing that the activities of defending the rights of the Turkish Cypriots will continue with determination.
- It was stated that steps aimed at ending the war in Ukraine should be taken without delay and that Turkey would continue its efforts for peace.